Veneers are thin, custom-made shells that mask dental imperfections. They improve a smile’s appearance and are among the most popular dental procedures in the US. Our dentists near you may recommend veneers if you’re looking to overcome various cosmetic issues such as discoloration and crooked teeth.
If you’re looking to transform your smile using veneers in Sumter, SC, reach out to Restorative Arts Dental today.
When Do You Need Veneers?
You may require dental veneers near you if you have:
- Worn teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Gap teeth
- Atypically small teeth
- Misshapen teeth
Traditional Veneers vs. No-Prep Veneers
Traditional veneers require significant tooth preparation. No-prep veneers, such as Lumineers®, are thinner and require little to no enamel removal.
The step-by-step processes of conventional and no-prep veneers are as follows:
- Initial Consultation. Our dentists in Sumter, SC obtain x-rays and dental impressions and create a custom treatment plan that considers your treatment goals. Our dentists may generate a mockup to show you how your veneer teeth will look.
- Teeth Preparation. Our dentist numbs your teeth and then removes a small portion of the enamel from the teeth that require veneers. Trimming off enamel makes room for the veneers, and the amount of enamel removed is proportional to the thickness of the veneer.
- Dental Impressions. After reshaping your teeth, the dentist obtains your dental impressions and shares them with the dental lab.
- Temporary Veneers. The dentist covers your trimmed teeth with temporary veneers.
- Placement of Permanent Veneers. On your follow-up visit, the dentist removes the temporary restorations and replaces them with permanent veneers.
No-prep veneers are quicker to install since they don’t require significant enamel reshaping. Here’s what happens when you opt for no-prep veneers:
- Initial Consultation. The dentist evaluates your dental health to check if no-prep veneers are right for you.
- Dental Impressions. The dentist obtains your dental impressions and makes custom no-prep veneers from these impressions.
- Placement. The dentist cements the veneers in place. Slight etching or roughening of tooth surfaces may be required beforehand.
It’s worth noting that no-prep veneers may not work for every cosmetic issue. For instance, since they’re thinner, they may not effectively mask severely discolored teeth.
Transform your smile today using dental veneers in Sumter, SC. Reach out to Restorative Arts Dental to schedule your appointment.